Beef and Udon Stir Fry
- 1 wok or large skillet
- 1 small bowl
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 lb shaved beef ribeye, sirloin, or any tender cut
- 3 oz shishito peppers
- 3 oz radish Preferably daikon but any type of radish will do.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small knob of ginger
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 green onion
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 package frozen udon noodles
- 1-2 tbsp neutral oil preferably canola
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp PTF Thai Chili vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp PTF Gochu
- Whisk together all stir fry sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Finely shred carrots, radish, garlic, and ginger with a grater. Slice shishitos into medium-sized pieces.
- Follow the directions on frozen udon noodles. The ones we use are blanched for ~1 minute, rinsed in cold water, and added to the stir fry for ~1-2 minutes. You’ll want to time this so your noodles are ready to add to the stir fry when there are ~2 minutes of cook time left on the beef and veggies.
- In a wok or large skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil. Add beef and cook until it is about 50% browned, then add all prepared vegetables. Note: if an excess liquid is in your wok, remove it before adding vegetables. Cook until the vegetables are done to your liking. We prefer crisp vegetables and usually cook them for ~3 min. Keep in mind they will cook for an additional ~2 minutes once you add the prepared udon noodles.
- When there are ~2 minutes left on the beef and vegetables, add prepared udon noodles to wok. If the noodles stick to the wok, you may add a small amount of oil. Stir ingredients as they cook.
- Turn off heat and add stir fry sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
Any vegetable can be substituted for shishitos and radish. You can use broccoli, bell peppers, or anything that is in season at your local farmers market. Easily adaptable to be vegan, simply replace beef with mushrooms.